Senior Security Supervisor (HR044) - Aberdeen
The Senior Supervisor will assist the Contract Support Manager (CSM) in the service delivery of our contractual requirements to our Aviation clients.
You will also be responsible for the day to day administrative & operational supervision of the site and all Officers assigned to Aviation Security Duties. This will include providing supervision to any on site supervisors and all Officers assigned to the Aviation Security Division in your locality, ensuring that they are working to the required standards and ensuring that all duties on the site are covered sufficiently and by correctly trained staff.
You will be based at your dedicated site and you will be required to contribute operationally in support of your team and demonstrate proper practices where required.
- To oversee working practices of the team, ensure compliance to policies and instruct team members to work within set areas according to demand, and in line with instructions of the CSM
- To support the CSM in the management of the daily routine of breaks for staff, upholding management of welfare provision for the team but also operational effectiveness to meet demand
- To support the CSM in ensuring that quarterly appraisal visits are completed on all Officers within your operational area
- To support the CSM in ensuring annual job chats are completed on all Supervisors / Officers within your operational area
- To support the CSM in any lower level employee relations case-work such as informal Advice and Counselling sessions with regards to performance/conduct issues, assisting with investigations etc
- To support the CSM with recruitment and selection such as attending interviews, carrying out Company inductions etc
- To assist the CSM in the ongoing training and development of the team
- Support the CSM in provision of information to complete daily and weekly reports for clients and managers who require them
- Daily Contact with the CSM, colleagues and clients, advocating a sense of teamwork and positivity
- To support internal and external audit processes from Dardan Security representatives, Client Representatives, the SIA, DfT or CAA or any other body with a relevant interest and valid reason for inspection or compliance checks
- Client liaison
- Direct line management of Supervisors / Officers
- Ensure people hours is maintained and updated on a daily basis
- Management of any other electronic management systems, e.g SIRV, Tagtronics
- Participation and completion of "on call" duties
- Ensuring all operational processes and procedures are adhered to by both yourself and the team
- Ensure that all Health and Safety and Environmental procedures are followed
- Complete any other reasonable duties as instructed by the CSM / Senior Management
- Assist in the organisation and completion of training for any new members of the team
- Deputise for the CSM in their absence
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the building / site
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures and manual handling
- Do not undertake any activity which could breach the SIA regulations
- To act with integrity and in the best interests of the company in a safe, compliant and ethical manner.
- Ground Security Officer (GSO) Level 1 Trained within the current year.
- X-Ray Trained with a valid NXCT within the Current Year
- Ground Security Supervisor (GSS) Level 2 trained within the last year, or the willingness to be trained and retain this qualification.
- Current and valid SIA Licence
- Enhanced CRC Checks (Disclosure Scotland or equivalent) in place
- A proven ability to manage people and work with customers
- An understanding of the need to gather management information to monitor efficiency and continually improve practices in partnership with managers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills at all levels
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Flexibility in regard to working hours and travel related to work
- Demonstrate effective Supervision of Staff within an Aviation Security Environment
- Previous experience with using and supervising Drug and Alcohol testing and the use of Explosive Detection devices such as wands or similar.
- Employment law knowledge
Dardan security are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To join our expanding team please apply now.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found