Security Officer required for an average of 24 hours per week, covering one of our contracts in Cambridge.
Hours Available: 24 Contracted
Shift Pattern: Weekend Days and Nights.
Remuneration: £9.50 per hour. Double time on Bank Holidays
Role Requirements: SIA Licence, Full Driving Licence and a 5 year checkable work history
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Comprehensive training
- Online discount Portal which includes money-saving offers on Household names such as Asda, Sainsbury's, Matalan, Argos to name but a few
- Discounted Gym Memberships and Joining fees
- 24-hour access to an online GP via telephone, Skype or Facetime, who can write prescriptions for you and your families
- 24-hour emotional and counseling helpline, with advisors to help with issues such as bereavement, illness, stress, addiction or money worries
- Discounted health cash plans, life insurance or personal accident insurance
- Pension scheme - with a direct pension portal to monitor your pension growing and choose how it is invested
- Loyalty awards scheme
- Quarterly awards scheme
- Retention bonus* - we believe if we look after you, you will look after our customers, so to prove this, we offer a retention bonus of £100 after successful completion of 12 months’ service
- Recommend a friend scheme (£100 for 6 months and a further £100 at 12 months’) *
*Subject to terms and conditions
About your new role:
As a Security Officer covering a prestigious site, your primary duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Prevent any unauthorised persons entering the site.
- Protect the property, its employees, subcontractors, agents and or representatives from theft and criminal damage.
- Prevent unauthorised parking.
- Provide a visual deterrent by conducting dynamic patrols of the property during unsociable hours.
- Control the access of staff and contractors on to the site.
- Monitor and report any concerns relating to the CCTV system.
- Cultivate a good working relationship with staff employed by the Company.
- Challenge unusual or suspicious activity carried out on the site.
- Be smartly dressed in the uniform provided by the company.
- Be alert, efficient and professional in the execution of their duties.
- Be courteous when dealing with all persons when carrying out their duties.
- Be familiar with their area of responsibility and the instructions appertaining there to.
- Be conversant with all emergency procedures as laid down or referred to in the assignment instructions.
- Report for duty at least 15 minutes prior to their shift starting.
- Not leave their duty unless properly relieved or authorised to do so.
- Ensure that their working area is clean and tidy and all equipment is correctly stored.
- Report all incidents / damage observed to the person responsible for the site.
- Apply fully to all Dardan terms and conditions of employment and policies and code of conduct.
- Apply fully to all the Client’s policies and codes of practice.
Skills & Requirements:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5 years checkable employment history
- SIA Licence
- Full, valid driver’s licence, own transport and scope to travel
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and at short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Worked within a customer focussed environment
- Relevant Industry experience
- Exposure to Project Griffin and COMAH sites
- IT literate
Dardan Security Services are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To join our expanding team, click the Apply Now button.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found.