Security Officer Dog Handler - Aviation - Aberdeen - Core
Who We Are:
Dardan is a people focused, privately owned specialist security company. We choose our employees carefully and value them. We know that our people are our greatest asset and as such we invest in their development.
Over the years Dardan has enjoyed strong organic growth by partnering with only quality clients who wish to join us on our journey; those that truly appreciate security as an investment provision, not just as a commodity requirement. As a result, our clients are diverse, many are household names across Aviation, Critical National Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Blue Chip and Corporate.
A career with us means joining the top 5% of all SIA security providers within the UK and a company listed as Infologue’s “One to Watch”.
We are looking for a Dog Handler to exclusively serve one of our biggest, most valuable historic clients.
This is a historic, flagship client and a leader in industrial aviation; we expect anyone in the role to recognise the value of this existing relationship but also the opportunity to support a new Contract Manager to drive continuous improvement, create a positive working culture and deliver on contractual obligations. The customer relationships you build are crucial to building trust, integrity and reputation to deliver a service that exceeds expectation.
This role will be varied, it will include the search of baggage, freight, deliveries, vehicles and people, Explosive Detection, Drug and Alcohol testing and emergency response. You will be responsible for the welfare of your dog and demonstrate a strong affinity or experience working with animals.
This role is crucial in providing an efficient and professional security service in a safe, compliant and ethical manner. The role offers variety and the chance to get involved in a range of security functions and activities for clients and terminal buildings.
What we need from you:
- SIA Licence
- Enhanced CRC Checks (Disclosure Scotland or equivalent) in place
- Ground Security Officer (GSO) Level 1 Trained (or willing to train and retain this qualification)
- X-Ray Trained with a valid NXCT (or a willingness to train and retain this qualification)
- Own a fully Trained NASDU Drugs Detection Dog and be qualified as a Level 3 NASDU Proactive or Passive Dog handler or be willing to train (2 week residential course)
- A home suitable to keep the dog, with room for a kennel and run outside and a sufficiently enclosed garden. Your accommodation suitability must be subject to prior inspection in advance of being offered the role
- An appetite to build experience supervising staff and creating a cohesive team focused environment
- A motivated and energetic attitude with a desire to build excellent relationships
- A strong focus on compliance and standards
- Excellent customer service and communication skills at all levels
- Computer literate – confident user of Microsoft Office programmes
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- UK Driving licence
Experience Drug and Alcohol testing
Experience in the use of Explosive Detection devices such as wands or similar
Experience of using the ‘Vantage’ System
What we can offer you:
- £9.14 per hour + £74 flat rate per month
- Core Officer position
- A suitable vehicle will be made available for use and for work purposes
- Access to GP services (for you & your family) and counselling services (individual) 24/7
- Medical Specialist Professional Guidance
- Free Health Information & Assessments
- Discounted healthcare plans, life insurance and personal accident insurance
- Payslips portal, accessible anytime, online plus a free service that allows staff to monitor pay and pension plan
- Membership discounts at over 2,500 gyms
- Discount card and special offers on hundreds of well-known brands, including Argos, John Lewis, Marks and Spencer, Nike, Pizza Hut, Sainsburys, Starbucks and Tesco, Health Cash Plan along with various insurance covers
- Contributory pension scheme (employee contribution 5% and company matches with 3%)
- Retention Bonus worth £100 per year, Job Well Done Awards worth £50 in vouchers (T&Cs apply)
- Recommend a friend scheme worth £200 if they stay for 12 months (T&Cs apply)
- Holiday entitlement
We want to hear from you, we are an open and responsive team invested in finding the right candidate so please feel free to reach out to email@example.com to ask questions, discuss or simply drop over your profile.
Due to the nature of the Company’s business your role will be site based. It is a condition of your employment that the Company reserves the right to vary your working hours, duties and location of duties to meet the need of the business at any time. If there is a change in your current place of work the Company will inform you with as much reasonable notice as is possible of any changes.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.