Hospital Security Officer, Full Time, Immediate Start (HR053) - Norwich
Hospital Security Officer required for an average of 24 hours per week, additional hours may be available, at either the hospital or sites in the area. The successful applicant will receive an hourly rate of £9.50 for shifts worked at the hospital plus benefits, all other shifts will be paid at site rate.
The Hospital Security Officer will be responsible for working at a busy hospital site, with a diverse cross section of tasks from managing general security duties through to highly sensitive situations involving vulnerable people in support of Clinicians and other health and / or social care practitioners or partners. You will also be working closely with a wide range of professionals, including the emergency services and others.
Whilst the role will be significantly field based, at times you may also be on standby at a regional office or head office. The Security Officer must be familiar with all security and emergency procedures on their site and assist in the facilitation of their safe execution and practice in partnership with the client.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Comprehensive training
- First Aid training given
- Pension scheme
- Loyalty awards scheme
- Quarterly awards scheme
- Retention bonus* - we believe if we look after you, you will look after our customers, so to prove this, we offer a retention bonus of £100 after successful completion of 12 months’ service
- Recommend a friend scheme (£100 for 6 months and a further £100 at 12 months’) *
*Subject to terms and conditions
- Deliver outstanding client, patient / service user satisfaction
- To provide a variety of Security Services within the Health Care Sector, from working with highly skilled partners and some of the most vulnerable children and adults in society to ensure safety and welfare of all parties at all times through to supporting events, parking and other relevant matters pertinent to the safety and security of everyone on site.
- Appropriate use of the PeopleHours management information system. And any other electronic management system, e.g Dardan Hub and SIRV.
- Timely completion of accurate reports, and company documentation: Complete daily / weekly / monthly reports for clients and Supervisors who require them
- All Assignment Instructions / Operations Manual to be reviewed and followed.
- To complete bespoke training requirements, specific to contractual or authority obligation or regulation.
- Highly professional, presentable and accountable at all times
- Ensure all operational processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Participation and completion of rostered and “on-call” duties as a Practitioner
- Ensure that all Health and Safety and Environmental procedures are followed.
- Do not undertake any activity which could breach the SIA regulations, NICE guidance, NHS, DoH, CQC Standards or breach other relevant regulatory requirement.
- To complete any other reasonable task as instructed by your line manager or other Senior Manager.
- To support internal and external audit processes from Dardan Security representatives, Client Representatives, the SIA, NHS, DoH, CQC, NICE and any other relevant body with a relevant interest and valid reason for inspection or compliance checks.
- To act with integrity and in the best interests of the company in a safe, compliant and ethical manner.
- To be resilient to working in the most sensitive environments, dealing with conflict with a respectful and empathic approach at all times.
- Be prepared to manage a wide variety and diversity of scenarios, people and challenges with significant emotional
- An understanding of effective use of information to continually improve practices
- Excellent customer service and communication skills at all levels
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office programme
- Demonstrate an awareness of security threats to specialist sectors such as, Health, Critical Infrastructure or others, which remain relevant and up to date in the context of the current environment
- Ability to demonstrate effective work with professional partners
- Flexibility in regard to working hours and travel related to work
- Either a Current and Valid SIA licence or the ability to train, obtain and retain one
- Either current Restrictive Physical Intervention Training or the ability to train, obtain and retain the skills and accreditation
- Enhanced Communications skills and awareness of vulnerability, mental and physical health conditions or the ability to train, obtain, retain and develop further in this field.
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act, relevant Sections of the Mental Health Act, the Equalities Act, Human Rights Act and considerations thereof.
- Enhanced DBS Checks either held or to be obtained and retained
- Awareness of Data Protection and Patient Confidentiality in the Healthcare setting
- First Aid At work qualified or the ability to train and retain this qualification.
- Full, manual driver’s licence.
- Exposure to Project Griffin or other relevant Protective Security or Counter Terrorism Advice
- Previous experience of the Security Industry (either Public or Private Sector) within the Health Sector or similar Specialist setting
Dardan Security Services are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To apply and join our expanding team, please click “Apply Now”.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found.