Control Room Operator, Full Time (HR163) - Cambridge
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Control Room Operator role in our brand new Control Room based in the Cambridge area. Reporting to the Control Room Shift Manager, you will work as part of a tight-knit and multi-skilled team overseeing the day-to-day operations of the business and providing support and monitoring to our out-of-hours teams.
The role offers excellent opportunities for development and progression, and the successful candidate will undergo full training prior to undertaking the role.
Hours available: 42 Contracted
Shift Pattern: Nights, Days and Weekends as scheduled. Fexibility is required for the role.
Remuneration: £9.50ph. Double time on Bank Holidays
Role Requirements: Full Driving Licence, Frontline SIA Licence and a 5 year checkable work history
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Comprehensive training
- Online discount Portal which includes money-saving offers on Household names such as Asda, Sainsbury's, Matalan, Argos to name but a few
- Discounted Gym Memberships and Joining fees
- 24-hour access to an online GP via telephone, Skype or Facetime, who can write prescriptions for you and your families
- 24-hour emotional and counseling helpline, with advisors to help with issues such as bereavement, illness, stress, addiction or money worries
- Discounted health cash plans, life insurance or personal accident insurance
- Pension scheme - with a direct pension portal to monitor your pension growing and choose how it is invested
- Loyalty awards scheme
- Quarterly awards scheme
- Retention bonus* - we believe if we look after you, you will look after our customers, so to prove this, we offer a retention bonus of £100 after successful completion of 12 months’ service
- Recommend a friend scheme (£100 for 6 months and a further £100 at 12 months’) *
*Subject to terms and conditions
About your new role:
As a Control Room Operator covering the Control Room in Cambridge, your primary duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitoring and responding to CCTV systems
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to clients, staff and visitors at all times
- Complete detailed and accurate reports which are sent to clients and managers in line with Dardan Security's Company Policy
- Provide telephone and email support as required
- Monitoring Staff Welfare via check call system
- Assisting Resource Department with shift cover as required
- Overseeing the Mobile Patrol and Response Team, completing alarm response reports and actions
- Providing an out-of-hours telephone answering system for Dardan's clients
- 5 years checkable employment history
- Good IT skills (Word Processing, Email etc)
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and bank holidays and occasionally at short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to consistently provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to self-motivate and take the iniative when dealing with issues
- Industry experience or previous Control Room experience
- SIA CCTV Licence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Peoplehours and Immix Systems
Dardan Security Services are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To apply and join our expanding team, please click 'Apply Now'.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found.