CCTV & Access Control Engineer, Full Time (HR225) - East of England
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a CCTV & Access Control Engineer role in the East of England area. Reporting to the Managing Director of our systems department, you will work within a highly skilled team to deliver comprehensive integrated security solutions from initial consultation to design, installation and ongoing maintenance.
Job Title: CCTV & Access Control Engineer
Location: East of England
Hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (although may change due to client demand)
Salary: £30,000 per annum
To deliver comprehensive integrated security solutions to our customers, from initial client consultation and design, to installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance. The ideal candidate will hit the ground running with knowledge of CCTV, intruder alarms and door entry/access control systems for a variety of large and small commercial and domestic premises. In return Dardan Security can offer you a comprehensive training and development package and the opportunity to work for one of the UK’s fastest-growing security solutions providers. There is no out-of-hours call out roster (however sometimes telephone or e-mail support may be required), you can choose either a company van or car depending on your own preference, you’ll work across the East of England (the role is field-based so candidates from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex will be considered, however the role will include periodic visits to the office in Norfolk) and you’ll be provided with all the tools and training you need to do the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
The below listed tasks/responsibilities/duties are not exhaustive:
- Install and commission CCTV systems, door entry/access control systems, alarm systems and software to the client’s specification and within the agreed timescales
- Undertake site visits and surveys, designing ideal security solutions to clients
- Provide end user training in the operation of those CCTV, alarm and door entry/access control systems
- Undertake both planned and reactive maintenance and service calls
- Inspect and find faults, and put into place effective, economic and lasting repairs
- Complete relevant paperwork and job sheets
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to obtain the best outcome for both the business and our clients
- Carry out any other tasks and duties as deemed necessary to support the business
Personal Attributes and Key Skills
- Proven experience the field of monitored CCTV, IP CCTV, electronic access control and/or door entry systems
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- 5 years’ checkable work history and the ability to obtain a DBS check
- Previous experience of use of equipment from leading manufacturers including TeleEye, Xtralis, AdPro, HikVision and Paxton
- First aid qualification
- IPAF qualification
- IOSH or similar qualification
Dardan Security are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To apply and join our expanding team, please click 'Apply Now'.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found.