Business Development & Marketing Executive (HR255) - Cambridge
We are looking for an office-based business development and marketing person to join our team.
This is a brand-new role and is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to come into a dynamic, fast-paced and growing business to “put their stamp” on the brand going forward. Dardan Security’s success over the past 45 years has primarily been through word-of-mouth and referrals, and so we now need someone who is hands-on to “professionalise” our sales and marketing output, to lead our sales and marketing strategy, and to capitalise upon our achievements so far. Proven experience in sales, bid writing, copywriting, web and marketing is a must.
Job Title: Business Development & Marketing Executive
Location: Great Shelford, Cambridge (just off A11/M11/A14)
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (with one hour’s lunch)
Salary: Between £25000 and £30000 dependent on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development & Sales:
- Management of the bulk sales cycle from initial enquiry through to proposal and bid writing
- Actively engage new customers through telesales, events, networking and general business development activity
- Take responsibility for generating sales from various communication channels
- Manage the new business pipeline
- Data-mine and research potential clients
- Identify business opportunities on a daily/weekly basis for consideration by the senior leadership team, from OJEU lists and other contract opportunity portals
- Develop sales strategies and approaches for various products and services
- Coordinate and prepare prequalifications, bids, tenders, quotations and proposals which meet the client’s requirements. This will involve elements of planning, coordination and communication with senior stakeholders in a business to business environment
- Manage the execution of all marketing campaigns, from initial concept, through to creation, delivery and review
- Plan and implement initiatives to increase online traffic, generate leads and direct sales
- Contribute information, ideas and research to help develop marketing strategies
- Write copy for internal and external communications, including but not limited to website, blogs, social media, search engine optimisation and press releases
- Ensure that all marketing material and web content is up-to-date and relevant, and in line with Dardan’s messaging and branding
- Oversee the planning and management of events
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with any external marketing agencies
- Be a front-line representative for customer queries regarding Dardan’s services
- Promote collaborative working relationships and effective communication
- Promote Dardan’s mission, vision and values in all aspects of work
- Organise management meetings, client meetings and functions
- Carry out any other tasks and duties as deemed necessary to support the business
Dardan Security Services are ranked in the top 5% of all security providers in the UK. To join our expanding team, click the Apply Now button.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Dardan Security reserves the right to close the job prior to the published end date should a suitable applicant be found.